Being an Orthodontist
I love being an orthodontist, both personally and professionally. I am rewarded not only by the process of guiding teeth from crooked to gorgeous, but in the relationships that develop with the patients and the families along the way. Whether my patient is 7 or 70, I am always learning and growing as a person from sharing time with them. Having a beautiful, confident smile can be a life changing event. I believe the process should be fun and comfortable. I believe in working hard and laughing along the way.
I was born and raised in Michigan. I love Michigan, but with so much to see and do I happily set up my roots in Florida in 2003. I am now the proud mom of two amazing and high energy boys (dare I say young men…). I love time with my family, whether we are traveling the world on a new adventure or down the street at our favorite ice cream shop. I love anything from snowboarding to museum hopping. In quiet moments I enjoy getting lost in a book, cooking or tackling a home improvement job. When out and about you will likely find me cheering on my boys, doing yoga or walking my goldendoodle, Daisy. I also give time back to the community, which has been so good to me. My favorites are youth related activities.
- Undergraduate education from Michigan State University
- Dental degree from the University of Detroit Mercy
- Master’s in Orthodontics from the University of Michigan
- Diplomat of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Extensive research on treatment timing, single and multiple phase treatments
- Invisalign certified provider
- Incognito lingual braces certified provider
- Wilckodontics certified
- Member of the American Association of Orthodontists, Southern Association of Orthodontists and Florida Association of Orthodontists